La Rassada eco-friendly bed and breakfast accommodation
La Rassada is an eco-guesthouse offering comfortable bed and breakfast holiday accommodation for single party bookings of up to 4 people in a stylishly renovated old stone barn near the Languedoc coast in the south of France. The property is eco-friendly (see Why Eco? for more information), but that does not mean we compromise on comfort!
"La rassada" is one of the Occitan names for the beautiful and endangered ocellated lizard. Several of these beautiful creatures live around the property and if you are really lucky you might see one! This is my way of helping to highlight the endangered status of Europe's largest lizard - which can grow to an impressive 90cm in length (that's nearly 3 feet)!!!
There are 2 ground floor guest bedrooms: 1 double room + 1 twin room + exclusive use of guest bathroom with shower, basin and WC. There is also a separate WC near the guestrooms.
We only take single party bookings, so you will enjoy the exclusive use of all guest areas during your stay.
As guests at La Rassada you will have full use of the lounge/dining area and large wooden terrace, where you can relax in a deck chair and watch the eagles!
You are also welcome to use the tea/coffee making facilities and to help yourself to fresh fruit and biscuits. There is plenty of safe parking.
- The standard rate per night including breakfast is:
- 90€ for 2 people
- 160€ for 4 people
- Discounts apply according to season, number of people/nights and meals required, so please enquire
- Minimum stay is 2 nights for 4 people or 4 nights for 2 people
Meals are shared with your hostess in the open-plan kitchen-dining-living room, which has a large bay window with extensive views across the vineyards to the hills beyond. In warmer months, meals can also be served outside on the terrace.
- Breakfast includes fresh fruit, fruit juice, muesli, yoghurt, toast and home-made preserves as well as fresh coffee and a selection of green and black teas. This is included in the room rate, but an optional cooked course is available on request for an extra 5€.
- Evening meals (booked in advance) are simple, tasty home-cooked affairs, prepared with fresh, local and organic produce. The cost per person is 18€ for 3 courses including wine and coffee.
- Picnic lunches can also be prepared for you by prior arrangement: 10€ per person.
We are very happy to share our local knowledge and personal recommendations for activities, beaches, restaurants, winemakers et al and there is a small library of books and brochures about the area, as well as maps, bird books, flower books, etc. available for your use on the premises.
A 50% deposit (in £ or €) is required to confirm your booking. The balance is payable on arrival (in € cash or French cheque). For credit card payments please enquire.
See what other people have said about their stay at La Rassada, on our guest comments page.
We welcome your enquiries and look forward to seeing you soon at La Rassada!